The CIO Cloud Summit would like to invite CIOs and C-level IT executives to qualify as a VIP delegate or speaker at the premiere cloud computing event. Join C-level peers as they discuss current challenges, best practices, breakthroughs and trends around cloud technologies. This year's strategic agenda includes a variety of interactive panel discussions, one-on-one meetings and networking sessions. The CIO Cloud Summit will gather the nation's Fortune 1000 leaders to define solutions and drive the business forward through innovative thought leadership and industry excellence. Get involved with the discussion topics below:
Topics of Discussion are Set to Include:
- PCI DSS Compliance in the Cloud - PCI DSS compliance includes a long list of requirements and is a significant responsibility for organizations of all sizes. We need to understand how to mitigate the risks. This session will discuss technologies and processes such as security policy development, risk assessment process, security awareness programs and penetration testing.
- Barriers or Requirements? The Path to Cloud Adaption - As the implementation of cloud computing gains momentum, the CIO is accountable for the compliance of the entire IT function, with regulations and requirements discussed in terms of barriers that need to be conquered before the implementation can begin. This session will discuss how these regulations and requirements can be used constructively, not as barriers to cloud adoption, but as very specific requirements for the needs of your organization.
- TCO of the Cloud - What's the TCO of the cloud? How do we select the best providers? In addition to reviewing a provider's cloud-specific offerings, the CIO must ask questions about the provider's capability to manage the long-term IT transformation to a hybrid cloud environment as it encompasses all aspects of IT, and enterprises will need to take a step-by-step approach.
- Evolutionary Rather than Revolutionary - An Open Discussion about Cloud Technologies - Cloud computing have many predecessors and builds on many existing technologies and approaches. However, the sheer scale of today's IT infrastructures demands something new, and cloud computing represents an important step forward in the way that computers are operated and how IT services are provided.
- Developing Custom Business Applications in the Cloud - Cloud application services, such as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), eliminates the need to install and run the application on the customers' own computers. This executive panel will discuss what is required to develop custom business applications in the cloud: the specialized skills; the new processes (agile application development and quality control); and the new architectures (non-relational data, multi-tenant kernels).
- Improve Your Storage Management and Cut Costs through Virtualized Storage Assets - Storage is an increasing percentage of IT spending, and sharing virtualized storage assets across networks has become widespread. This session will discuss how virtualized storage and other advanced technologies can increase business agility while dramatically reduce costs.